Search

Wednesday, September 2, 2015

My Makeup Routine!

This is my makeup routine. It's quick and it's simple, as I like my every day makeup routine to be; quick and simple. 
Lancome La Base Pro (C$48 www.lancome.ca) 








1. It's Prime Time!


I begin by applying a primer. Some of my favourite primers include Lancome, Smashox, Dior, NARS and, especially Chanel. This primer is a lotion based primer. It moisturizes the skin while acting as a primer. Using a silicone based primer, such as Lancome or the famous Smashbox Photo Finish Foundation Primer requires you to ensure that you're makeup is silicone based.
As for Chanel, you can use either water base or silicone base makeup with it. 






Make Up For Ever Ultra HD Invisible Cover Foundation (C$50 www.makekupforever.ca)


2. Foundation, Cover Up, Powder, Oh My!
I like using foundations that contain a bit of a concealer in them, which is normally HD foundations, meaning they are silicone base, as well as that these foundations contain a built in concealer. If you need more coverage than minimal coverage. HD foundations can only do so much like covering acne/blemish scars. Silicone is a long lasting ingredient to ensure long-lasting results up to eight hours of makeup wear, with very minimal to no touch ups that are needed. I like using my foundation brush applying in a downward motion to prevent all makeup from entering into my pores. This will dry out your skin, dry skin ages much quicker than other skin types. A powder foundation delivers coverage in case the foundation misses anything, after you have removed any excess product. I like applying my powder by concentrating it. How do I do this? With my powder on my powder brush, I like using my now discontinued Dior Powder/Blush Brush that was designed by John Galliano right before he left as Creative Director for Dior. With a brush like this, a little bit of powder goes a long way. So, with brush in hand, I will pat the brush all over my face. You are applying more product when it is concentrated vs to sweeping it onto the face. The sweeping motion is what I use to blend the powder in to even it out. Viola, imperfections are camouflaged. I like a matte finish, so I like powder.




NARS Dual-Intensity Blush in Fervor (C$55 www.narscosmetics.com) 


3. Blush It!
The new NARS duo blush is so long lasting that whatever intensity of application you apply in the morning before heading to work, you will notice that it stays in tact eight hours later. Yup, that's right, ladies, you have read that right. No touch ups needed. Dior and Smashbox deliver the same results. I love using my artist brush from Make Up For Ever to apply my blush. this blush can be worn in an intense manner by wetting the powder, or in it's natural state by applying it dry.




100% Pure Fruit Pigemented Mascara in Black Tea  ($25 www.100percentpure.com)


4. Look Into My Eyes! 
Do you see my baby blues? That is one of the reasons as to why I keep my eye makeup natural with a brown eye shadow, wither in a sophisticated smokey eye or just as is. I love wearing colour from neon pink, neon yellow to pastels to white. I normally line my upper lash line with the tight-liner technique and hidden liner technique so my lashes give the illusion that they are full from all angles, which is actually what both techniques are excellent for. And, of course, mascara. I don't have sensitive eyes, like I thought I had, instead I have dry eyes, moving out to Calgary last year, which is a dry climate, my eye have become even drier if that is even possible, so any mascaras that does not contain fragrance in them is what I can wear. I love 100% Pure mascara made from either black tea or blackberries. I don't need a fragrance in my mascara. Who is going to smell my lashes? "Do my lashes smell pretty today?" Haha. 
Tip: Powder is much more long-lasting than pencil. I like using a powder that has a dual property; wet or dry. Wetting the eye shadow wet will give an intense look. A dry powder gives it a soft, natural look. 
A little mixology with an eye shadow pencil: Place it under a flame for a couple of seconds. Remove. Apply. This result is that it looks like you are wearing liquid eye liner. Excellent alternative if you've ran out of your liquid eye liner, gel eye liner, cake eye liner. 



Dior Addict Lipstick (C$42 www.dior.com)

4. Lips Have It All
Because, my eyes are natural looking, my feature that I have selected to play up is my lips. Just remember if you want your lips to look big, stick with nude pink, true red, so light colours. Bright colours, including bright red will make lips look small. You can always contour your lips (We shall save that one for another blog - if interested, just let me know) Bring on the colour! I don't have a favourite lipstick. I don't wear lip glosses. It's too shiny. When I want shine, I will use a creamy lipstick. Creamy lipsticks today, as opposed to back in the day are made from beeswax. Beeswax retains moisture, locks in moisture, delivers moisture, so creamy lipsticks will moisturize your lips. Matte lipstick dry them out. If you have dry lips, exfoliate them before applying.  With foundation and powder applied over my lips when I had applied the duo onto my base. This is called lip blocking. When lips have been blocked the acid in the lips cannot change the colour or absorb it depending how pigmented your lips are. My are pigmented, as I cannot wear sheer, light colours. My lips absorb them. For others, the colour changes slight or drastically. So, more pigmented your lips are, the more it will absorb the colour or the actual content. Highly pigmented colours usually work for everyone who are in the predicament of absorption. As for getting that true colour that you see, whether it's for fashion purposes (blue lips), the colour remains in tact. Don't forget, when you are applying your foundation and powder to not exclude your lips. 

Viola! My makeup application is complete :)




Is there a sweepstakes contest or giveaway you would like to collaborate with Stacey Camacho? Email staceycamacho24@gmail.com 
Are you interested in being A Guest Blog Post? Hit Stacey up with an email: staceycamacho24@gmail.com
Would you like a product review or interview on Face by Stace blog? Send Stacey an email at staceycamacho24@gmail.com
Do you want to advertise on Stacey's blog, Face by Stace? Send your email to staceycamacho24@gmail.com

Do you have beauty question? Hit me up at staceycamacho24@gmail.com

Looking forward in hearing from you!

No comments: